Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 21 & 22: Travel home to Atlanta

Well, finally time to go home... I'm sad but excited to get home to see my friends and family!!

Started the morning hiking with Claus and Andrea.  They were so nice to invite me along!  We hiked up Lion's Head, not to the top since there wasn't time but the view was beautiful!!


Headed to meet the girls from my tour for breakfast and then we walked along Long Street for a bit.

Then back to meet the taxi and off to Cape Town airport for flight 1of 3.


First flight was good but quite a bit of turbulence at the end.

Had about 1.5 hours in Jo-burg airport so had a drink an spent the last few Rand I had.


Off to New York!


Watched "Jobs", which was pretty good, then took a sleep long pill :)

After about 8 hours we stopped in Dakar (Not quite sure of spelling) for fuel and another security check.  Very weird, I have never done this before.  Officials came on the plane and searched any empty seats.  We than had to get our luggage down from the overhead compartments.  So anything that did not belong to someone on the plane would be removed.

Then they started the re-fueling process and apparently the seat belts must NOT be latched... This seems weird to me but what do I know??  And, why not re-fuel why searching the plane?  I guess that would save time??

Next leg should be about 8.5 hours before getting into JFK, I'm taking another sleeping pill... The kids are killing me, RARR!!! Watched "We are the Millers", funny movie :)

Longest flight EVER!!! The four very small children were way to close to my seat and were too much for me!!  I hope the next flight is on time or maybe I can even get on standby for an earlier one.

OMG, they sprayed the cabin for god knows what!!!!

A bit of traffic from JFK to LGA but made it in plenty of time and then in good 'ol Delta fashion the plane was late!  I feel like they are always late... Maybe it is me...

Anywho, packed flight but now just sitting outside waiting for mom to rescue me from my longest travel day ever!

Thanks for keeping up with my trip to South Africa... I'm out! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment