Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 20: Even more Cape Town

Today started with a 630am pickup for shark diving!!! :D

Picked up a few more folks then about a two hour drive to Gansbaai.  Again, Cape Town was beautiful and when we arrived at the dock it was windy, cold and no sun.  Got the briefing and then to the boat.

The seas seemed really rough when we started out and I was a bit worried about getting sick, but all was ok! :)

Got our wetsuits on, just one this time but still had hoods but no gloves.  It took a bit before the first shark showed up but we finally got them.

The cage is big enough for five people at a time.


You wait for the guide to yell which way to look and then a big breath and then push your self under water so you can seem him or her ;)

I was in group three.  Group one had quite a few sharks and group 2 only had two but the second came so close to the cage, might have touched it!

I was worried I would only have a few but I was super lucky, there were about three of them circling the boat.  They said they were about 3-4 meters, and apparently that is small.  Seemed pretty damn big to me!!!  When I was down they stared coming out of the water, so I did miss seeing that part.  It was so awesome seeing them so close up!!



Shark diving took so long that I wasn't able to go to Robben Island to see where Nelson Mandela was held as a prisoner.


At the waterfront waiting for Gail, Janita and Julie for dinner (Sushi is on the menu :), so having a beer.  This is a very large glass, R26.  Comes out to about $2.60.  Totally a deal! :)


I guess everyone wants to be like London!


Had great sushi for dinner then home to sort out the backpack.  It always seems like stuff expands while on a trip.  Think I finally got everything to fit... Goodnight!!




No comments:

Post a Comment