Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 18: Travel to Cape Town

On the road at 5am this morning!!

Made a stop on the way for some pictures of Cape Town from a distance.


Then to the top of Signal Hill for some lunch.  There were para gliders, so of course I HAD to go! The pic isn't me but you get the idea... Just run off the top of a mountain!!! :D


Checked in at the hotel... It's so nice :) Not sure if it is because I have been in a tent for the last 8 days but I'm really enjoying it!! They greeted us with juice in wine glasses... So fancy! ;)


We then headed to Table Mountain.  I really wanted to do the hike but there wasn't time :( So, I was forced to ride a freaking cable car.  I had no plans to ever get on one of those but anyway I did it.  The car is just very very large hanging on such a small wire!  The ride was totally worth it because the view was awesome!!!


So, apparently there are 7 new wonders of the world and Table Mountain is one of them!!


They have an Erica flower :)


Back to the hotel to shower and head out for a group dinner at Van Hunks on Kloof Street :)


This how our table was reserved... Jaco is our guide.


And the street sign pic taken from sitting at our table outside... We finally have great weather!!! :)


Off to an Irish Pub for some drinks and dancing.  Last night out with all the people on my tour... Good times!!!

Who's idea was this?? ;)


Long story and will explain when I'm back, but I'm happy to still have my passport... Thanks Jaco!! :D















1 comment:

  1. So you can jump off a bridge with nothing but a small bungee holding you but you are afraid of cable cars?!?! That makes no sense!!

    ReplyDelete