Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 2, part 2: Devil's Pool atop Victoria Falls, Zambia

Can any one say holy oh my god awesome?!?!?  Devil's Pool is the second water fall...


Took a short boat ride from the dock of a really nice hotel (not where I'm staying) over to where Devil's Pool is, we were on the Zambia side.  

While waiting for the boat I saw a few hippos in the water... No pics cause they were a bit out and I could only see their backs and a bit of their eyes and nose sticking out of the water.  Once one of them yawned I realized what they were.. So cool!

We were able to take a few pics before swimming over to the pool.  The guide had us get in the water and then we laid on the edge (he held our feet), wish he didn't have too!  While they were taking group photos little fish were biting us.  The guides told us about this so we wouldn't try to fling our legs out of the water and go flying over the edge of the waterfall.



The bank on the other side is Zimbabwe.


After swimming in the pool they served yummy food and drinks.


Then a short boat ride back to the hotel where we started.  And a super cool surprise... Zebra!! Wild, just hanging out!!



On my tour I met some of the people that will be on my Zambia/Zimbabwe tour.  All of them seem really cool :)

Have to say... I'm super excited I'm doing this... Everything is great so far.  I'm now headed to have some drinks with the peeps I met today :)








3 comments:

  1. SOOO Awesome!!!! So happy to hear you are having fun and we are happy to hear from you. It was FOUR WHOLE DAYS!! I can't believe how much you've done already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I love zebras!!! I can't believe you got to see touch them. Not a fan of monkeys (don't feed those guys) but ZEBRAS are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you got so close to the edge...one big wave and you could be done. Thats soo awesome!

    ReplyDelete